June 7th, 2009
Birth related web links
This is a list of links to other web sites with relevant content that you may find of interest. Should you wish to trade links please contact us.
FAQs and other information to be found on the Information page.
The list of Doula, Midwives, Breastfeeding consultants, Childbirth Educators and Birthing centers is on the Providers page.
- My Doula Blog with birth info, comments and links to serious and fun video clips on the net.
- My VBAC Forum a e-mail support group for women about vaginal birth after one or more cesarean births.
- My VBAC Website that has a discussion forum and interesting, informative links and articles regarding VBAC’s
- My Doula Training Website that has information for women wanting to become a childbirth companion
- My Miacup Website – all you need to know about menstrual cups
South African Links
- DOSA - Doula Organization of South Africa - all you need to know
- WOMBS - Women offering mothers birth support in CP and KZN
- Homebirth – a website dedicated to giving birth in South Africa
- Breastfeeding – Gauteng breastfeeding information and resources
- Earthbabies – Products for naturally nurtured babies
- The Birth Center – Where babies are born smiling in kwaZulu-Natal
- BabyNature – For Natural Remedies from Pregnancy to Birth
- Sister Lilian – Answers from well-known South African midwife and educator
- Perfectly Pregnant – Helping You Discover The Marvel Of Motherhood
- Pure Beginnings – South Africa’s exclusive range of organic baby care products
- Kids on the go – For necessary information during the Child’s growing years
- Birth support – A local doula’s website with great and handy information
- South African Breastmilk Reserve – Bringing milk to babies in need, safely
- Biobaba – The eco-friendly re-useable nappy with a difference
- Kidz World – Resource group for parents
- SA Parent life – Blog about South African parenting matters
- Birth Works – About the empowerment of birth with shop, forums and more
- Babymania - An online community, to learn, teach and help each other grow
- SAMBA – South African multiple birth association
- PNDSA – Post natal depression support association
- Pregnant2day – provides information and support throughout pregnancy
- ubbaBubba – A womb with a view. Baby carriers with a difference
- Birthways - Information on various ways mothers may choose to birth in S.A.
- Mother Instinct – Birthing the way nature intended
- Birthing from Within – The home of the BFW philosophy
- Sarah J Buckley – Offers gentle birth, gentle mothering, the best possible start
- Michel Odent – Looks at the highly adaptable, vulnerable period inside the womb
- Gloria Lemay – Birth freedom is an idea whose time has come
- Leslynotes – Resource for personal change, childbirth education and good health
- Midwifery Today – America’s heart and science of birth
- Birth Source- Your one source for childbirth and parenting information.
- Birthing the Future – The site about birth activist Suzanne Arms
- Life Passages – Publishing and Childbirth Consulting Services
- Childbirth Connection – Helping you make informed maternity care decisions
- Birth psychology – Explore the mental and emotional dimensions of childbearing
- Dr Jack Newman – Empowering parents by ensuring they receive the most up-to-date information to assist them with their breastfeeding baby
- WHO – World Health Organization guidelines on normal labour and childbirth
- Kellymom – breastfeding and parenting support
- ICAN -Preventing unnecesary caesareans through education
- Choices in Childbirth – Pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, parenting information
- Birthing naturally – Natural childbirth directory
We can also safely recommend Google as a web search engine to find information on any other topics that you might want, it can find almost anything. Place a period (.) between words or quotes (“) around them to use the phrase for the search and not the separate words such as birthing.in.awareness.