June 7th, 2009
I am able to offer various alternative healing modalities.
Reiki is a hands on touch healing modality that uses the universal energy flow that is available to everyone.
The Reiki practitioner is merely a channel for this energy and does not direct or cause the healing that may follow. The Reiki practitioner is attuned to be an open channel so that the universal flow may pass through with ease.
Basically when you want to receive the energy it is by your own inner knowledge and guidance that the flow is directed.
Reiki is beneficial for babies to the elderly. There is no limitation to who may make use of this non-invasive treatment. Pregnant women and newborn babies respond particularly well to Reiki. It helps allieviate stress, fatigue, worry and revitalises the system that is already working so hard to produce and maintain new life.
EFT – emotional freedom technique
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is an emotional, needle free version of acupuncture that is based on new discoveries regarding the connection between your body’s subtle energies, your emotions, and your health. EFT has been reported successful in thousands of cases covering a huge range of emotional, health and performance issues.It often works where nothing else will.
Tapping with the fingertips on specific meridians on the head and chest, along with voicing positive affirmations, helps to clear out emotional blockages from your system, thus restoring your mind and body’s balance. I’m sure you realize that emotional health is absolutely essential to your physical health and healing — the two are inseparably linked.
Using EFT during pregnancy is just a wonderful non-invasive way of helping the body work through various fears, phobias, worries and concerns.
- It can be used to help position babies into a better lie so that labour and delivery is facilitate.
- Helps clear any unwanted negative feelings, emotions or thoughts.
- Assist mothers in coming to terms with an unwanted birth outcome.
- Creates new pathways for healing to take place on many levels.
At the heart of polarity is a set of principles about the balance and flow of life energy which Dr. Stone believed to be the underlying essence of all healing arts. This is attested to by the growing number of health care professionals, such as nurses, chiropractors, physical therapists, creative arts therapists and massage practitioners, who are successfully incorporating Polarity Therapy into their work.
- It helps brings the mother’s and the unborn baby’s energy into alignment.
- Creates a synergetic flow between the two bodies.
- Unblocks stuck energy between the negative and positive energy centres.
- Assists in the relaxation and release of beneficial hormones.
- It can help ease discomfort, backaches and heavy belly aches.
- Helps reposition a baby that is not in a favourable position during pregnancy as well as during labour and birth.
- Assists in turning breech or posterior babies.
- Massages new mothers bodies to feel better and to close of the bones opened during childbirth.
- To move or support the woman into different positions that may assist her birthing.
Every pregnant women knows the benefits of having a foot massage! When our feet are feeling good, we are feeling good.
During pregnancy a mother may not pay special attention to her feet. Having a regular foot massage can help to alleviate some of her discomfort as well as to freshen up her step.
Using foot massage in pregnancy is different from a reflexology treatment. Whilst reflexology can be very relaxing and feel nice it is also a specialized treatment modality that ‘works’ on a specific points on the entire foot. For more specific results reflexology is a great alternative way of helping the body to heal.
A Foot massage on the other hand is meant to be used as a tool for relaxation only and by gently rubbing the entire foot a pregnant woman can receive some tender care in a place that really needs it, her feet.
- It helps with sleeping more soundly.
- Assists in unblocking anger as well as fears, worries and concerns.
- Relaxes mothers as they cannot get to their feet comfortably.
- Harmonizes the internal with the external.
- Relieves swelling and tight feet